Research and Communications Assistant
(Part-time 10 – 15 hours/week)
CCFC is looking for a capable, dynamic, committed assistant to work at our Boston office for 10-15 hours per week. Successful candidates will track legislation, research critical issues related to commercialism, create advocacy materials, assist in managing our member email list and database, and provide administrative support for our campaigns and our office. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in social activism and advocacy.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Investigate and report on issues and topics related to CCFC activities, including news and current research
- Assist in the creation of advocacy materials, such as fact sheets and other content for CCFC’s website, members, and partners
- Maintain accurate database of CCFC members and friends
- Regularly update CCFC website with coalition news, events and important marketing developments
- Help maintain CCFC’s social media accounts
- Perform other duties as required
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks
- Research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in social activism
- Interest in communications/media studies, psychology, or child development preferred
- Proficiency in Drupal or HTML and Photoshop, preferred
- Available 10-15 hours per week
To apply by email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume and cover letter. We do accept applications by mail or fax.
Send to: Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood; NonProfit Center, 89 South Street, Suite 403; Boston, MA 02111 or Fax: 617.896.9397
Third Sector New England/Campaign for a Commercial Free Childhood is an equal opportunity provider, and employer. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds.