The Associate Director works with the Executive Director to implement CCFC’s strategic priorities. The Associate Director is responsible for designing and implementing CCFC’s advocacy campaigns and media strategy. The Associate Director provides direct supervision to the Program Coordinator and Research Assistants and reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop, implement, and publicize campaigns to stop egregious marketing practices, raise awareness about the harmful effects of marketing to children, and support legislation that limits corporate marketers’ access to children;
- Draft CCFC e-communications, including action alerts and newsletters;
- Draft press releases and conduct outreach to reporters;
- Manage CCFC’s online and social media presence;
- Assist the Executive Director in fundraising;
- Supervise CCFC Program Coordinator and Research Assistants;
- Work with Executive Director to develop initiatives to increase CCFC membership and member activism;
- Represent CCFC in a wide range of settings, including coalitions, conferences, and meetings with key decision makers.
- Significant advocacy experience, including developing, implementing, and publicizing campaigns;
- Advanced degree in child development, psychology, media studies or other relevant field, preferred;
- Experience conducting media outreach and speaking to reporters on-the-record, preferred;
- Fundraising experience with individual donors and/or grant writing, preferred;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines;
- A passion for social justice, the wellbeing of children, and a commitment to CCFC’s mission;
- Experience using social media for advocacy;
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
To Apply: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood; NonProfit Center, 89 South Street, Suite 403; Boston, MA 02111 or fax to 617.896.9397
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE and CCFC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran or disability status.