Job Title: Campaign Manager
The Campaign Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and publicizing CCFC’s advocacy campaigns to stop egregious marketing practices, raise awareness about the harmful effects of marketing to children, and support legislation that limits corporate marketers’ access to children. The Campaign Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop, implement, and publicize campaigns to stop egregious marketing practices, raise awareness about the harmful effects of marketing to children, and support legislation that limits corporate marketers’ access to children;
- Represent CCFC in a wide range of settings including coalitions, conferences, and meetings with key decision makers;
- Draft CCFC e-communications including action alerts and petitions;
- Develop and implement social media strategies for campaigns;
- Develop offline campaign components for engaged supporters.
- Significant advocacy experience including developing, implementing and publicizing campaigns;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience using social media for advocacy;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines;
- A passion for social justice, the well-being of children and a commitment to CCFC’s mission;
- A commitment to evidence-based advocacy;
- An advanced degree in child development, psychology, media studies or other relevant field is preferred;
- Experience conducting media outreach and speaking to reporters on-the-record is preferred;
- Ability to work hours outside of normal business hours as needed;
- Ability to work in our Boston office preferred but remote applications will be considered.
We accept applications by email, direct mail or fax. Please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood; NonProfit Center, 89 South Street, Suite 403; Boston, MA 02111, or fax to 617.896.9397
Competitive salary with comprehensive benefits package.