Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood is the only national advocacy organization devoted solely to reducing the harmful effects of commercialism on children. This fall, CCFC will launch the Children’s Screen Time Action Network, which provides resources and critical support to practitioners, educators, and others working to reduce children’s screen time. CCFC is also home to Screen-Free Week. CCFC is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks.
CCFC is looking for a capable, dynamic, and committed assistant to work with our Screen Time Program Manager at our Boston office for 15 hours per week. The work will include administrative support and outreach for CCFC’s screen time initiatives. This an ideal position for a graduate student with an interest in child development, public health, and/or social activism.
Essential Job Functions
Support the Children’s Screen Time Action Network:
- Research and compile current resources on children’s screen time for our Network resource bank;
- Update the Network website, including adding resources, member information, and events;
- Conduct outreach to potential Network members and respond to member queries;
- Help organize Network webinars and conference calls;
- Provide administrative support for the Spring 2018 network conference.
Support Screen-Free Week:
- Conduct outreach to potential Screen-Free Week endorsers and organizers, including tracking celebrations and gathering stories;
- Provide assistance to organizers;
- Update the Screen-Free Week website and social media accounts.
- Additional research and administrative tasks as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities;
- Self-directed: can complete a task or project without detailed, step-by-step instructions;
- Excellent research skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Some familiarity with HTML, WordPress, and/or Drupal;
- Comfortable with social media, including Facebook and Twitter;
- Some graphic design skills preferred;
- Interest in communications/media studies, public health, social activism, or child development preferred.
$15.00 per hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include "Screen Time Assistant" in the subject line.